Last weekend we were at Vauxhall Farm just outside Ipswich for our church weekend. Here are a few things that I loved about it:
- I loved the fact that so many from our church community were able to be part of some or all of the weekend.
- I loved the fact that the children were able to play & roam together free from the constraints we normally place on them in today’s society.
- I loved the way Jonathan Oloyede spoke about doing always coming out of being and you cannot do in order to be.
- I loved the way the teenagers were often late for meals because they were caught up in worship and hearing God speak.
- I loved the way God healed Dan – before our very eyes – so he could continue to lead the children’s ministry for the rest of the weekend.
- I loved the way faith tangibly rose when Liz Beaten talked about all that God had been doing through Ipswich in Prayer.
- I loved the way people were so willing to serve: setting up, setting down, serving meals … a plethora of saints that just got on with things that needed doing
- I loved the way we prayed: out-loud, altogether
- I loved the sight of all the men up the front – with wives and children praying for us on Father’s Day. There were loads of us and God spoke to me: “It’s time for the men to rise up!”
- I loved the sight of huddles of people praying for each other as we shared communion around the room.
- I loved the fact that people could laugh and cry (sometimes at the same time) and it was fine because we are family
- I loved the way that people met to read their Bibles together and hear God speak and He did speak.
- I loved the way the Prayer Room slots filled up and we had to extend it to another day
- I loved the way we had a “pay what you can afford policy” and the gifts matched the need of those unable to pay the full cost
- I loved the way Jonathan and his team spoke of Burlington being in the vanguard of what God wants to do in Ipswich
- I loved the way the children spoke of special times in God’s presence, and were so engaged by it all.
- I loved the fact that so many people in different ways heard God speak into their lives
Must stop … got work to do it!
Basically, I loved it!