Last Sunday was brilliant at burlington and so thrilling to hear how things flourished in my absence. You can listen to it here:[audio http://www.burlingtonbaptist.org.uk/podcasting/030515am.mp3]
I was so encouraged by it because ….
- Story-telling is very powerful. John is right. A story has much more weight than just the principle alone
- God is more at work when we are scattered than when we are gathered. It’s not all about the gathering
- Everyone can do the stuff. Disciples can encourage disciples
- The Senior Minister is not indispensable He knows that (!) but sometimes people behave as if he is.
- Ministry is about modelling, empowering and releasing not doing and controlling
Honestly, the above audio is worth a listen. Stories of ordinary people discovering that God is up to something extraordinary with them.